Obsolete Topic

Obsolete Topic

Postby Homer S. » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 am

As was stated in the Please Apply Here for a Site Member Account topic, we have had to close registration due to the large number of spammers. However, we will try an experiment. If you would like to apply for a website account, request it here by posting your in-game name in this topic. When I see you in-game either when I am in-game or when I am viewing the players from RCon, I will open registration for a few minutes and tell you that it is open so that you can register. YOU MUST USE YOUR IN-GAME NAME or I will not know that you are a legitimate player and not a spammer. If I get too many spammers posting here, I will have to delete this topic.

Note that this is only for a PotW website account. THIS IS NOT for membership in the PotW clan. For that you need to play here a long time and be invited by a member.

If you get perm banned, submitting an unban request on the website account is the only way you can be unbanned, and you need a website account to submit that request.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Re: Apply Here for a Website Account

Postby Tunalik » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:52 am

Hey POTW! New to your server and CoD2 in general. Looking to establish communication with the community! Thanks for your time.

~Tunalik / [SGC] Bane
Tunalik

Postby Homer S. » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Tunalik, I don't see your name on our play list. Only players are permitted to have website accounts.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby hommeli » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi, can Have a POTW membership?
hommeli

Postby Homer S. » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:32 pm

hommeli, you can have a website account so that you can join in on conversations in the site-member forums and send and receive private messages (PMs) from PotW members and other website members. I will look for you in-game so that I can open up the registration when you are available to register. Alternatively, if you give me a 4 hour window of time (UTC or GMT) when you would be available, I might be able to open it then.

On the other hand, becoming a member of the PotW clan is not easy. It requires an invitation from a PotW member and then a vote occurs. In order to get an invitation, you need to have played here for a long time, you need to follow the rules, and you need to get to know the members and they need to get to know you. I see that you have played here a long time. If you are friendly with our members in-game you might get an invitation. Joining in on the conversations on the website is another way that we can get to know each other.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby Tunalik » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 am

I was in your server a few days ago. I spoke to a few of the members online, can't recall names.
I'll be back on later today probably. I started as Unknown Soldier, then changed to my old CoD 1 clans tags, ( [SGC] Bane ), then to Tunalik, my latest alias/steam name.
Tunalik

Postby Homer S. » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:50 pm

OK Tunalik, I will look for you in-game today. Use Tunalik or [SGC] Bane as your in-game name (IGN) so that I know it is you.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby greyFOX » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi HomerS its greyFOX mate, I cannot for the life of me get on to play COD2 through XFire whats going on, how do I get online to play against you guys again
I have tried everything,any help would be much appreciated.
greyFOX

Postby Homer S. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:12 am

Hi Fox, I was wondering what happened to you . Haven't seen you in a long time. XFire is no more. They went out of business. Can you bring up Cod2? Do you have a Cod2 disk? Or, do you have Steam?
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby greyFOX » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:41 am

Hi again HomerS yes I can bring up COD2 I have disk, sorry mate what is steam? I have been OS when I came back XFIRE no longer looking forward to getting on against you guys again cannot get to play online
greyFOX

Postby Homer S. » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:03 am

Fox, just bring up the multi-player game. When you press Join Game, a bunch of active servers should appear. Press Refresh List and wait for the list to populate. Then select the PotW server that has more players and press Join Server. If this doesn't work, let me know which step is failing.

Another way to do it is through the console from the main Cod2 screen. To bring up the console, hit the ` key. This key is near the upper left hand corner of the keyboard, just to the left of the 1 key and abofe the Tab key. When you bring up the console (on the top of the screen), type

connect 8.6.3.62:28960

and this will connect you to our server. Important: To type the numbers, DO NOT use the numeric keypad on the right hand side of the keyboard. Only use the number keys that are above the letters.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:42 am

Ok thanks HomerS I am away for a couple of days when I get back home I will try what you said thanks mate see you soon hopefully

Postby TaCkY » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:35 am

Hey guys its TaCkY here , just wanting to register to the web , and most likely apply also and help the clan a bit with some goodies to make it stoner and all you guys seem cool i post an app to write more info about me , please get back at me with the acc. Thanks!
TaCkY

Postby Homer S. » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 pm

TaCkY, I will look for you in-game and open up registration when I see you there. Again, this is only for a website account so that you can participate in our forum discussions. As stated above, membership in the PotW clan requires that you play here for a long time and be invited by an authorized member. And we will pass on making it stoner thank you.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby kravenoft » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Howdy Folks
Some of you should remember me i hope! I wanted to drop in and say hi, update everyone on my status. I see the web site changed. It looks good. Glad to see egg and frost are still around and the beautiful swimgirl! So as some of you may remember, maybe not, I joined the Army back in March 2013. After basic/ ait Ive been stationed in Ft. Drum, NY this whole time. Tommorow I will be pinned Sgt/E5 & come this March I will be attending Warrant Officer Candidate School in Ft. Rucker, AL. Down there I'll be learning how to fly helicopters. Not sure what platform i want to fly yet but I'm leaning toward UH-60 or some variation thereof. I don't really have much time for gaming anymore unfortunately but I do get on world of warships when I can. I hope you are doing well and God bless you all! V/R Kravenoft proudly ex-PotW!
kravenoft

Postby Homer S. » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:47 am

Sure we remember you kravenoft. Sounds like you have your life on a well-planned path. Glad that you are doing so well. If you can give me a rough time when you might be available, I can open up the website registration for you so that you can post in the members forums when convenient.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby kravenoft » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 pm

I'm on right now Homer!!
kravenoft

Postby Homer S. » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Registration is currently open. The button is near the top right corner of the web page, next to the login button.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Postby DecafToaster » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:56 am

Hey PotW,

I used to be a member under the handle thebutler93. I think I was playing somewhere around 2008-2011, during my high school days. I joined the navy after I graduated and fell off the gaming radar. I was just watching World War II in Colour on Netflix and it reminded me of my Call of Duty days. Lo and behold, I jump on Call of Duty 2 and the server is still active! I'm thinking about re-joining so I'll be around under my new handle Bahama.
DecafToaster

Postby Homer S. » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 am

Hi Bahama,

I will look for you in-game and let you know when website registration is open so that you can become a website member again. Welcome back as a guest on our server.
Homer S.
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome to the *{PotW}* Website